Thank you for registering for Co:Write Community’s Songwriters Retreat! We are looking forward to an incredible time together seeking the Lord, exercising songwriting, and building community. We’ve put together some helpful information below, and if you have any questions please reach out to us. See you in the mountains soon!
Registration will open at 2pm on Tuesday, February 25th. You are welcome to check in anytime between the hours of 2pm-5pm. We’d like everyone to be checked in and onsite at the Hideaway by 5pm. We will have dinner together and a dessert at the Anderson’s on Tuesday evening. The retreat will wrap up around 11am on Friday, February 28th.
If you are flying into Denver or Colorado Springs, here are a few options for your transportation. It’s about an hour and a half from Denver airport and about forty minutes from Colorado Springs airport.
Carpool with other guests
Feel free to interact within the Facebook Group with everyone attending the retreat. It’s a great place to plan rides with each other to/from the airport. Please make sure to follow Co:Write Community Facebook Page so we can include you in the group!
Colorado Springs Shuttle
You can schedule a shuttle, private or shared, online at coloradoshuttle.com
Airport Car Rental
Standard car rental options
To facilitate community building we will be staying at The Hideaway, a gorgeous rustic lodge just far enough from the city for some peace and quiet. Everyone will receive their lodging assignments once you arrive for registration, guys and girls rooming separate.
If you are coming as a group but did not register as one online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request to stay together and we will accommodate you the best we can.
3805 Walker Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80908
If you are local and chose to commute, we will see you each day for lunch and dinner, and the scheduled activities.
WHAT TO BRING
If you play guitar and can bring it with you, bring it. We will have keyboards in a majority of the writing rooms. If you can bring a keyboard, that also would be amazing. We do not provide amps. We ask that you come with a handful (3-5) of song ideas for cowriting sessions.
All meals will be provided, as well as snacks, and a self-serve coffee and tea station in the lobby. All meals will be at The Hideaway, with the exception of the Showcase. We will also have a special dessert at the Anderson’s.
If you have any dietary restriction please email us at email@example.com by February 17th.
A COUPLE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS
- Please fill out the survey that will be sent to your email. We’d like to know a little more about you as we prepare for the retreat!
- If you are not registered with ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC please do so before February 25th.
THINGS TO DO IN COLORADO SPRINGS
If you are extending your trip at all, here are some fun options in Colorado Springs!
- Garden of the Gods: our pride and joy. Iconic rock formations that are an irresistible photo opportunity and offer a variety of hiking / walking options.
- The Broadmoor: An extravagant hotel visited by many celebrities. A higher price-point but worth a reservation at one of the top-class restaurants or at least a walk around the lake.
- Fine Arts Center: Founded In 1936 and containing 15 galleries. Visit the museum or attend one of the many events!
- Olympic Training Center: Get a tour at this unique and awe-inspiring place where US Olympians train.
- The Incline: people have flown in for this challenge of a climb a mile up the side of Pikes Peak. Not for the faint of heart!
- Air Force Academy: come tour the base for an experience like no other to see the Falcon Stadium, the gorgeous Cadet Chapel, and more!
- Coffee: Loyal Coffee, Peak Place, Wild Goose Meeting House, Switchback
- Ivywild School: a school built in 1916 and reimagined into a collection of great food, drinks, coffee, and shops.
- Tejon Street Downtown: King’s Chef Diner, Rooster’s Ramen, Odyssey Gastropub, Coquettes, Atomic Cowboy
- Garden Of the Gods Cafe: A sit down restaurant with an indoor specialty market, only open for breakfast and lunch but worth getting up for.
- Rabbit Hole: Underground, Through-The-Looking-Glass themed spot with tasty desserts and inventive food.